Sep 17, 2011

Sausage and Sauerkraut in the Crockpot

I'm loving my crockpot and freezer cooking!  With my schedule this year, I'm able to feed the boys (big and little) a hearty meal within about 20 minutes of my arrival at home.  My hubby leaves for work less than an hour after I get home and I need to feed him before he leaves.  So I decided to utilize both crockpot and freezer cooking for this month's meal plan.  It's worked out wonderful.  This week I was the only one who ate out for dinner and that's because I stayed late at work to get some things done and left immediately after I got home to take the oldest to tap dance practice.  They ate out of the fridge that night.
This is one of the meals we enjoyed this week.  I prepped the meal and hubby put it into the crockpot for me.  I then enjoyed it for lunch the next day.  Someone told me that it smelled like a German festival in the teacher's lounge. 

Sausage and Sauerkraut

Stars of the recipe:
  • 1 package of smoked sausage
  • 1 jar or bag of sauerkraut, drained and rinsed off
  • 3 Tbsp. of brown sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. of Dijon mustard
Steps:
  1. Cut the sausage into rings.
  2. In a bowl, mix the sauerkraut, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard together.
  3. Place sausage and sauerkraut into the crockpot.
  4. Cook on low for 4 hours.
  5. Enjoy with mashed potatoes or roasted red potatoes.  (I also had corn and baked apples with it.)

Happy eating,
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!