Jul 4, 2010

Menu Plan July 5

Last week, we didn't have the crockpot Cantonese sweet and sour chicken.  When I looked at the fridge on Friday morning, I noticed we had lots of left-overs.  So I decided that Friday night was left-over night. 

It's going to be a semi-busy week.  The boys have enjoyed attending various Vacation Bible Schools so I have signed them up for one.  It's in the evenings so I can get things ready for the Imaginative One's birthday, go grocery shopping without them, and clean the house.  They don't have much going on during the mornings this week so the Imaginative One is looking forward to being able to sleep in most of the week.

Next Sunday is the Imaginative One's seventh birthday!  I can't believe he is going to be that old.  For his birthday, he has asked to watch Despicable Me and go out to Wendy's for lunch.  We are going to celebrate with some friends from church that evening.  He's also planning out his pirate cake.  When we get it finished, I will create a post about it.

Onto the menu for this week:

Breakfasts:

cereals, muffins, mini-pancakes

Lunches:

sandwiches (meat or peanut butter), left-overs

Dinners:

Roast chicken in crockpot, mashed potatoes, veggies, and easy rolls - Use the left-over chicken for the quesadillas.

Either Monterrey Chicken Quesadillas or Chicken Ranch Quesadillas for the grown-ups - Plain cheese ones for the children (The Wee One told me that we haven't had quesidillas in a while so I'm putting it on the menu.)  This will probably be on Wednesday.  I've got to go pick up my mom from the airport so this will be a quick meal that I can bring with me if necessary.

Sloppy Joes on homemade hamburger buns, chips, oven fries, or potato chips, fresh veggies

Cantonese Sweet and Sour Chicken over rice

Egg Sandwiches, fresh fruit, hash brown

left-overs or forge for yourself

Dinner at in-laws (Sunday)

For more great menus, please visit I'm an organizing junkie.

Have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious - especially the sloppy joes on homemade buns. Have a fun birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time does fly. Seven years gone in an instant. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seven years does fly by quickly. One of my students I had while pregnant with him just graduated from high school and is leaving for college.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you!