Aug 2, 2010

Cranberry Pecan Muffins

Two days ago, I posted about a recipe for All Star Muffin Mix that I found in Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious magazine.  One of the add ins I used in the muffin mix was dried cranberries and pecan pieces.  The orginal recipe called for either fresh or frozen cranberries.  Even though I didn't have either of those in the house, I had Craisins so I used those instead. 

After I baked a batch of those, I flash froze them and then put them in freezer bags to be used later.  These are great for quick breakfasts which I'm going to need when school starts in a week and a half.  I just put one of them in the microwave for a minute on 40% power.  They are especially great with a cup of coffee.

Stars of the recipe:



  • 2 and 3/4 cups of All Star Muffin Mix

  • 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries

  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans

  • 3 tablespoons sugar


I omitted the sugar when I used the Craisins.

Steps:



  1. In a large bowl, combine muffin mix, cranberries, pecans and sugar.

  2. Whisk the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. 

  3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.

  4. Bake at 400° for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

  5. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

  6. Serve warm.


 For more great recipes, visit Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Colleen's Recipe Swap.

3 comments:

I enjoy hearing from you!