I love having this in my arsenal of side dishes that are simple to make especially when I'm in a time crunch.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 package elbow macaroni or shells
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 package (16 ounces) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product cubed or similar store brand
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in process cheese and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese until smooth.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce.
- Remove from the heat; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This post has been linked to Mommy's Kitchen for Potluck Monday and at Colleen's Kitchen Recipe Swap.