Aug 9, 2010

Two good fruit dips

I have been transferred back to the middle school for this school year.  Yesterday we had our first work meeting and I got to talk with some of my co-workers I hadn't worked with for a few years.  As I was eating my lunch, one of them mentioned a fruit dip I used to make for carry-ins.  She used to take the left-overs.  For the life of me, I couldn't remember what fruit dip she was talking about.  Later that evening, it came back to me.  It's the heavy whipped cream with pudding one.  It's so easy and very delicious.

Whipped Fruit Dip


From my mother-in-law

  • 1 small container of heavy whipping cream (the smallest one)

  • 1 small box of instant pudding either sugar free or sugared (My favorites are cheesecake and white chocolate for this recipe.)



  1. Pour the whipping cream into a mixing bowl.

  2. Open the box of pudding and pour it over the whipping cream.

  3. Using a hand mixer, whip the pudding and whipping cream until it is stiff.  (I usually start at the lowest setting and gradually move toward the highest setting.)

  4. Serve.


This is especially good with strawberries or even by its self!

For the Fourth of July, I made a fruit tray for a family get together.  My mother-in-law asked me what kind of fruit dip I was going to bring for the tray.  I told her that I was probably going to get the Marzetti's fruit dip and call it a day.  She gave me this recipe which turned out to be delicious.

Strawberry Fruit Dip


From my mother-in-law

  • 1/2 of a container of marshmallow fluff

  • 1 container of soft strawberry cream cheese



  1. Place the marshmallow fluff in a bowl.

  2. Fold in the cream cheese until it's well incorporated.

  3. Refrigerate or serve immediately.


This has been posted on Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays.

1 comment:

I enjoy hearing from you!