Since I found the recipe, I have made it three times. It was delicious the first time I made it. However, the second time it was too runny so it wasn't as good. So when I made it for the third time, I decided to put a teeny less water in it. It ended up being thicker and as delicious as it was the first time.
Skyline chili is eaten in 5 ways.
2-way: spaghetti with chili
3-way: spaghetti with chili and shredded cheddar cheese
4-way: spaghetti with chili, shredded cheddar cheese and onions OR red kidney beans
5-way: spaghetti with chili, shredded cheddar cheese, onions, and red kidney beans
Stars of the Recipe
- 2 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 8 oz. tomato paste (1 1/3 cans)
- 5 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. steak sauce
- 4 cups water (I used more like 3 and 3/4ths cup instead.)
- Brown ground beef lightly on stovetop.
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- Stir well, and cook on low for 12 hours or longer.
This post is linked to Colleen's Kitchen Recipe Swap.