The thing I love about this soup is that instead of regular egg noodles, you use orzo pasta which is sort of like rice but is in reality pasta. I also like that it has black beans in it.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium-size carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (about a palmful) chili powder
- 1 bay leaf, use fresh if available
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 quarts (6 cups) chicken stock
- 1 pound chicken tenders or chicken cutlets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 14-ounce cans diced tomatoes or 1 28-ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 pound orzo pasta
- Put all of the ingredients except for orzo pasta in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- A half hour before serving, put the orzo pasta in the soup so that it can cook.
This post has been linked up to Colleen's Kitchen Recipe Swap, Delicious Dishes, and Tempt my tummy.