Stars of the recipe:
- 1 lb of hamburger
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 c. of pasta (I've used shells, elbow macaroni, and farfalle pasta.), cooked and drained
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 c. milk
- 1.5 c. shredded cheese (I usually use cheddar cheese but it's your choice.)
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. mustard (You can use regular mustard, honey mustard, or dijon mustard. Again it's your choice.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the hamburger meat. When it's almost finished, add the onions. Cook until they are translucent. Take the skillet off the heat.
- Using the same pot you cooked the pasta in, melt the butter. After it is melted, add the flour. Cook it for a minute or two.
- Add the milk and raise the heat. Stir until the butter/flour mixture is incorporated into the milk.
- Let the milk mixture boil. Take off the heat.
- Add the cheese, ketchup, and mustard to the milk. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add the hamburger and pasta. Stir until it is all covered with cheese sauce.
This post is linked to Potluck Sundays, Delicious Dishes, and Tempt My Tummy.