Edited to add: My boys will fight over who gets the biggest piece or the last piece when they have this bread. They absolutely love it!
- 3/4 c. butter softened (1 and 1/2 sticks)
- 2 1/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c. sweet potato puree (I used pumpkin puree instead.)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. ground sinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 dashes of ground cloves
- 1/2 c. water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter and flour pan or line with muffin papers.
- With a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, stir in puree and egg.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Stir 1/2 into creamed mix.
- Stir in water, then remaining dry mix.
- Bake until dry on top and a skewer inserted in center comes out clean - serve warm!
- Muffins take about 15 minutes to bake. Bread will take 35 minutes, depending on pan size.
The recipe says it would make 1 loaf of bread or 12 muffins. I ended up making 12 muffins and 3 mini loaves.
For more great recipes, visit Colleen's Kitchen Recipe Swap, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Ingredient Spotlight, and Potluck Sundays .