Dec 11, 2010

Pecan Nougat Cookies (Shortbread Snowballs)

This is one of my favorite Christmas cookies.  Today I was looking at the Southern Plate's blog and found a recipe for them.  I decided I needed to try out the recipe.  Oh, my goodness, they were delicious.  I ended up putting them in the freezer so I don't eat the whole entire batch.  They were that good!!!!  :)



Ingredients:

  • 1 c. softened butter (2 sticks)

  • 1/2 c. sugar

  • 2 tsp. vanilla

  • 2 c. all purpose flour

  • 1/2 tsp. salt

  • 2 c. finely chopped, ground up pecans

  • powdered sugar


Steps:

  1. Cream butter, sugar, and salt until fluffy.

  2. Add flour and vanilla, mix well, scraping down sides as needed.

  3. Add nuts and mix until well incorporated.

  4. Shape into one inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.

  5. Bake at 325 for twenty minutes, but don't let them brown.

  6. Cool cookies.  When cooled, roll in powdered sugar.

  7. Enjoy!

1 comment:

I enjoy hearing from you!