Mar 31, 2011

Mystery Cookies

As I have stated before, I like reading Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swenson mystery series.  The books are fun and easy to read.  The added bonus is the author provides recipes.  I have found the recipes for watermelon cookies and pretzel chocolate chip cookies in her book.  This is another one of her reipes found in the Lemon Meringue Murder.

I made these cookies once and I remembered people raved about their taste.  They couldn't believe the secret ingredient in these cookies.  I do not know where I put my copy of the Lemon Meringue Murder so I lost the recipe.  This week I decided to google the recipe and got lucky.

These cookies are addictive!  I don't know how many cookies I ate after I baked two cookie sheets worth.  (The rest of the dough is in the fridge waiting to be baked.)


Mystery Cookies
www.murdershebaked.com


Stars of the recipe:



  • 1/2 cup of butter, melted (2 stick)

  • 3-1/2 cup of sugar

  • 2 beaten eggs

  • 1 can of condensed tomato soup (the secret ingredient)

  • 2 tsp. ground cinnamon

  • 2 tsp. ground nutmeg

  • 2 tsp. baking soda

  • 2 tsp. salt

  • 2 cups of raisins (golden or regular)

  • 2 cups chopped walnuts

  • 4-1/2 cup of flour (does not need to be sifted)


Steps:



  1. Melt butter in microwave.

  2. Add sugar and then let it cool.

  3. Mix in beaten eggs.

  4. Add tomato soup and beat together.

  5. Stir in cinammon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.

  6. Add the raisins and walnuts.

  7. Add flour 1 cup at a time until it is incorporated.

  8. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.

  9. Drop by teaspoons on a greased cookie sheet.

  10. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes

  11. Cool slightly.

  12. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.


Makes around 10 dozen cookies.

    1 comment:

    I enjoy hearing from you!