I made these cookies once and I remembered people raved about their taste. They couldn't believe the secret ingredient in these cookies. I do not know where I put my copy of the Lemon Meringue Murder so I lost the recipe. This week I decided to google the recipe and got lucky.
These cookies are addictive! I don't know how many cookies I ate after I baked two cookie sheets worth. (The rest of the dough is in the fridge waiting to be baked.)
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted (2 stick)
- 3-1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 can of condensed tomato soup (the secret ingredient)
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups of raisins (golden or regular)
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 4-1/2 cup of flour (does not need to be sifted)
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Add sugar and then let it cool.
- Mix in beaten eggs.
- Add tomato soup and beat together.
- Stir in cinammon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the raisins and walnuts.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time until it is incorporated.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoons on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes
- Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
Makes around 10 dozen cookies.