Apr 10, 2011

Marlboro Man Sandwich

Yummy!  That's how I describe this sandwich.

When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it because hubby would love it.  Boy was I right.  He ate two of these bad boys!! :)  They were not homeruns for the Wee One and the Imaginative One because it involved onions which is not their favorite vegetables.

The Marlboro Man Sandwich
via Pioneer Woman

Stars of the Recipe:
  • 1 whole large onion
  • 2 sticks of butter (I didn't use that much butter.)
  • 2 pounds cube steak
  • seasoned salt
  • 1/2 c. Worcestershire sauce
  • tabasco sauce (I left this out.)
  • 4 whole French/deli rolls
Steps:
  1. Slice onions and cook in 1/4 stick of butter until soft and light brown.  Remove and set aside.
  2. Slice cube steak against the grain. Season with the season salt.
  3. Heat  2 Tbsp of butter over high heat (same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown.
  4. Add meat in a single layer. Cook one side until brown, flip.  Cook other side until brown.  About a minute on both sides.
  5. Add 1/2 cup Worchestershire sauce, 5 to 6 shakes Tabasco, and 2 Tbsp butter.  Add cooked onions.  Stir to combine.
  6. Butter halved French rolls and brown in skillet.
  7. To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate.  Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan.
  8. Top with other half of rolls, cut in half, and devour!
Happy eating, Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!