Sep 4, 2011

Menu planning ~ Week of September 4, 2011

Before I begin with my menu planning, I want to wish my sister a happy birthday.  We are getting together tomorrow to celebrate.  Happy 34th birthday ~ You are getting older, I'm just getting gray hairs. (One of my students walked up to me and let me know that I had a gray hair on the back of my head.)

It's so hard getting home at 4:30ish and having to have food on the table between 5 and 5:10 for hubby to go to work.  I have to have a menu in order for it to run smoothly.  During the majority of last school year, I did create a monthly menu and then April came and I totally stopped creating them.  So a couple of weeks ago, I got back on board and created a menu.  It went great until the end of last week.  I changed up Thursday's meal because I didn't get home until 4:45 and needed a quick meal.  It was too hot to cook anything on Friday so I just stopped and got food on the way home.  Yesterday's meal was going to be meatloaf.  Again it was so hot that I made quick and simple orange chicken which warmed up the oven for less than 20 minutes.

This week and during all of September, I'm going to utilize my crockpot and freezer cooking. 

Sunday - We usually have dinner at the in-laws.  My mother-in-law is on her way back home from South Carolina and my father-in-law has to work.  So I had to plan on having dinner at home.  We are having hamburger patties in the crockpot, mashed potatoes, Italian bread, and veggies.

Monday - going out with mother and sister and going to leave a western omelette casserole for hubby to cook for his dinner

Tuesday - chicken and gravy over rice, veggie

Wednesday - tacos from freezer, Rice-a-Roni, raw veggies

Thursday - ranch bacon chicken, egg noodles, veggie

Friday - apricot glazed pork roast (crockpot), mashed potato, veggie

Saturday - crockpot pizza, garlic bread

 
Happy eating,
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!