Jan 6, 2012

Baked spaghetti (Easy Meal)

The Imaginative One has very bland tastes.  When we have spaghetti, he likes to eat only the plain noodles.  He does not like to eat the sauce on his noodles at all!  I usually accomodate him by putting some of the noodles to the side for him.  When I cooked this dish, I decided not to accomodate him at all.

He gave me such a dirty look when I told him it was either the baked spaghetti or nothing at all.  Hubby had a talk with him about how lucky he was to have a mommy that not only cooked but one who cooked great food.  The Imaginative One bucked up and tried the baked spaghetti.  He ended up liking it!

This is an easy meal to put together.  Just add a salad on the side and Italian bread or garlic bread on the side and you have a whole meal.  (We had spinach salad with choose your own toppings.  The Wee One chose bacon, sunflower seeds, mandarian oranges, and dried cranberries for his toppings.  He did not want to have any dressing for his salad.  The Imaginative One had just spinach with his mandarian oranges on the side.)


Baked Spaghetti



Stars of the recipe:

  • half box of spaghetti, cooked and drained

  • pound of hamburger or sausage cooked, also drain off grease (I had cooked my ground beef about a month ago and then froze it so I had to just warm it up.)

  • a jar of spaghetti sauce or homemade sauce

  • 1 c. of Italian cheese or mozarella cheese


Steps:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

  2. Cook the spaghetti and then drain. (I cooked it al dente.)

  3. In a 8 by 10 or 9 by 13 pan, spread a little bit of sauce.

  4. Place the cooked spaghetti over the sauce.

  5. Next, put the cooked hamburger or sausage over the spaghetti.

  6. Cover with the rest of spaghetti sauce. 

  7. Sprinkle mozarella or Italian cheese over spaghetti sauce.

  8. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.

  9. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. [...] Baked Spaghetti - Again you can use whatever meat you have in your fridge or freezer.  Use whatever cheese you may have in your fridge – okay maybe not bleu cheese.  If the cheese is not shredded, shred it yourself. [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] I went to my stats’ summary page to find the recipes that get the most clicks.  This is the top post of 2012. Baked Spaghetti [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] Baked Spaghetti was #5.  It was published in January of 2012. [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. […] Baked Spaghetti (Minus the meat or use a meat substitute instead) – Most popular post on my blog. […]

    ReplyDelete
  5. […] Baked Spaghetti (One of the most viewed recipes on my blog.) […]

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you!