All you need is five ingredients ~ six if you include the topping. So it's perfect for the pantry challenge.
I found this recipe while various blogs were having a countdown to 2012. Each day they were posting their top recipes in different catergories. Recipe Shoebox listed this as one their top recipes in the dessert catergory. It looked so easy that I made it for New Years Eve. Hubby and I enjoyed it and over the next few days, I finished up the whole cheesecake. It was so delicious.
Easy No Bake Cheesecake
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 - 8 oz. container of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar (or small package of instant pudding mix)
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice (Don't use if using instant pudding mix.)
- 1 - 8 oz. container of Cool Whip or whipped topping
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- Toppings: pie filling, additional Cool Whip, cookie or graham cracker crumbs, chocolate syrup for drizzling
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar (or pudding mix), and lemon juice (if using) until smooth and lump free.
- Mix in Cool Whip just until thick, creamy, and combined.
- Pour immediately into prepared graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or if you're in a hurry, stick in the freezer for 1-2 hours) or until set.
- Serve cold with desired toppings. (I used lite cherry topping. It was so good.)