I got a whole chicken from my favorite meat places and decided to cook it up in the crockpot. Then it was time for the task of trying to figure out what to serve with the chicken. The other day I had bacon cheddar smashed potatoes at O'Charley's restaurant. They were so delicious! I decided to make my own version of that side dish.
It was so yummy!!! In fact, hubby had two helpings of the smashed potatoes. He couldn't stop raving about how good the potatoes were. Score!!!
Stars of the recipe:
- 4 red potatoes, washed and cut into smaller pieces
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- between 3 Tbsp. to 1/4 c. bacon bits (either cook up bacon and then cut into pieces or get already cooked bacon pieces)
- 1/4 c. shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. ranch dressing
- Cut up potatoes into smaller pieces and then cover with cold water (about an inch above the cut up potatoes).
- Cook on high heat for about 10 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes but don't rinse. Put potatoes back in the pot.
- Add the butter and milk. Smash the potatoes.
- Add the ranch dressing, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Fold into the potatoes.
- Serve and enjoy!