Last month, I found a recipe for these S'Mores Bar and decided to try them out. The Imaginative One loved them so much that he decided that he wanted these instead of a cake or cupcakes for his birthday. Yeah! He made a decision.
Since my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew were in town, we decided to celebrate his birthday four days early. We ate a delicious brunch and then sang to him. Everyone enjoyed these bars.
via Recipe Shoebox
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 c. of butter, softened (1 stick of butter)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 & 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. ground up graham crackers (I use honey graham crackers. Use a food processor to ground them up.)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. container of marshmallow fluff
- 12 graham crackers broken up into pieces, do not ground them up
- 6 Hershey bars broken up into pieces or 1 c. milk chocolate chips.
- 2 - 3 c. mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until well mixed and yellow.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and ground up graham crackers. Mix until incorporated.
- Grease a 9 by 13 baking pan. Press the dough into the pan evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, get the topping ingredients ready.
- When you take the crust out of the oven, turn the oven up to 450 degrees.
- After the crust is finished baking, spread the marshmallow fluff over the warm crust using a greased spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle the top with first the chocolate, then the graham crack pieces, and then the marshmallows.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until the marshmallows are melted and toasted. DO NOT walk away from the oven. (Mine took only 5 minutes.)
- While it's still warm, cut it into pieces.