Jan 15, 2013

Pork (or Chicken) Stir Fry

My husband loves Chinese food and had been craving some when I had planned to make stir fry.  So he was excited when I told him that was for dinner.  

Since I don't have much time to cook dinner before I need to have it on the table, I cut the pieces smaller especially the broccoli.  My husband does not like broccoli but ate it when I cut it into smaller pieces.

During dinner, the Wee One made chopsticks out of two spoons so he could scoop up the food better.  It as so funny!  (I wish I got a picture of how he was eating dinner.)

This meal can be adapted to your likes.

Pork (or Chicken) Stir Fry


IMG_0680



Stars of the recipe: 




  • 1 lb. pork chops or chicken, chopped into smaller pieces

  • 3 c. vegetables, diced into smaller pieces (Examples:  celery, carrots (peeled first), onions, peas (do not dice), broccoli) - Use your imagination and clean out your vegetable drawers

  • 1/4 c. soy sauce (I used low sodium.)

  • 2 Tbsp. ground ginger

  • 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic or 2 Tbsp. minced garlic

  • 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil


Steps:

  1. Heat up 1 Tbsp. of oil in a saute pan on medium heat.

  2. Once the oil is heated up, add the pork or chicken.  Cook the pork or chicken until no longer pink.  (5 to 10 minutes)

  3. Once the pork or chicken is cooked, remove from the pan.  Tent a piece of foil over it to keep it warm.

  4. Add another 1 Tbsp. of oil to pan.  Add the diced veggies except for the peas.  Cook until softened. (5ish minutes)

  5. Place the pork or chicken back in the pan with the veggies.  Add the peas, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.  Cook for a few minutes longer.

  6. Serve over rice.

  7. Enjoy with a fortune cookie!


IMG_0683

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!