Feb 16, 2013

Power Up Green Smoothie

During the holiday season, I participated in a group called the Healthy Elves (now Healthy Self).  I tried many new things.  One of the new things I tried was green smoothies.  I didn't know what I was  missing because they are delicious and healthy.  

This is my basic "recipe" or method to make them.  You can change the smoothie up by adding different fruits or changing up the fruits depending on your likes and dislikes.

IMG_6724[1]



Power Up Green Smoothie


Stars of the recipe:

  • 1 c. baby spinach

  • 1/2 c. frozen strawberries

  • 1/2 c. almond milk (I like vanilla unsweetened almond coconut.)

  • 1 kiwi peeled and cut into pieces (I get rid of the middle part.)

  • 1/2 - 1 Tbsp. chia seeds


Directions:

  1. Place spinach, strawberries, almond milk, and chia seeds in a blender cup or blender.  

  2. Blend until smooth.

  3. Add the kiwi.

  4. Blend until smooth.

  5. Enjoy!


IMG_6725[1]

2 comments:

I enjoy hearing from you!