A few weeks ago, we went to Bd's for supper. He loves the fact you can pick your own ingredients and then they grill it up. So this was saying a lot when he liked my version better.
Oh, I know there are a lot of versions of this recipe floating around. However this is my creation based on the concept.
Ham and Pineapple Fried Rice
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 tsp. sesame seed oil
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1-2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 c. Broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1-1/2 c. Ham diced into medium sized pieces
- 1 sm. can of diced pineapple, juice drained and set aside (8 oz.)
- 1 lrg. Egg, beaten
- 1 c. Cooked brown rice, cooled
- 2-3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- Heat oils in a skillet. (Medium heat)
- Add veggies to the skillet. Cook until tender.
- Add ham and pineapple. to skillet. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until warmed through.
- While the ham and pineapple are cooking, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, hot sauce, and ginger in a separate bowl.
- Push all veggies, ham, and pineapple to side of skillet.
- Add the beaten egg. Stirring the egg until it's cooked.
- Add the rice. Pour the pineapple juice, soy sauce, and ginger mixture over the food in the skillet.
- Cook for about 5 minutes longer.