After drinking it, I was super energized. In fact one of my students mentioned I was hyper. I don't know if it was from the smoothie or from the two cups of coffee I had that morning. (Didn't sleep well the night before.)
Key Lime Smoothie
Stars of the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. key lime juice (about 4 limes) - I microwave mine for about 10 secs. to maximize the amount of juice.
- 1 tsp. key lime zest
- 1 c. unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract (I omitted this because I used vanilla almond coconut milk.)
- 1 tbsp. stevia
- 1 tbsp. sunflower butter
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 4 ice cubes
- crushed graham cracker pieces (optional)
- Cool Whip or something similar (optional)
- Place in your blender in the order of the ingredients listed, blend until smooth.
- Top with crushed graham crackers and Cool Whip, if desired.
This made 2 smoothies for me.
Someone asked me what you could use instead of bananas. I found this link for other ingredients you can use instead of bananas.