The only issue is that I'm trying to avoid eating or drinking foods or drinks that include high fructose corn syrup. I recently found a ketchup that does not have high fructose corn syrup (Kroger's organic ketchup) so I used that. The root beer however did contain high fructose corn syrup. My next mission is to find root beer with out the corn syrup.
Root Beer Barbecue Sauce
Stars of the recipe:
- 8 oz. (1 c.) of root beer
- 1 c. ketchup
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground garlic powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite meat!