Last weekend, I was pursing Pinterest looking for Mason Jar salad recipes. One on of the sites, I saw a suggestion that you could do the same sort of thing with fruit minus the dressing. I was intrigued so I decided to try it.
I put those fruit salads together on Saturday afternoon and they were still as good on Wednesday as they were on Saturday.
Stone Fruit Fruit Salad
Stars of the recipe:
- 4 oz. Mason jars (I made 5 so I needed 5 jars.)
- 1 med. plum
- 1 med. peach
- 1 med. nectarine
- Fruit Fresh
- Opt. You also could put apricots in it.
- Cut the plum, peach, and nectarine into bite size pieces. (I wish I had a great method to cutting around the stone.)
- Evenly place the pieces in the jars filling to the top.
- Sprinkle some Fruit Fresh over the fruit. (This prevents it from turning brown.)
- Place the lid on as tight as possible.
- Place in the fridge until you are ready to eat it.
I added blueberries to this one.