I've made this recipe for over 10 years. It is super easy and delicious. After we have roast for dinner, another night during the week I make a hash (minus eggs) with the left over roast. Yum!
Even though I like making baked potatoes cooked in the slow cooker, I'm not a fan of potatoes cooked with the roast. We had buttered noodles with our roast.
Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Stars of the recipe:
- roast (size depends on the needs of your family)
- 30 oz. can of tomato sauce
- optional: russet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks, onions cut into chunks, carrots peeled and cut into strips
- Place roast into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- If placing vegetables, place them on top of the roast.
- Pour tomato sauce over the roast.
- Cook for 3 to 5 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.