Nov 25, 2013

Elf 4 Health Challenge #1

I'm so excited about the challenges.  Maybe not the burpee one but the others yes.

Funny story about the burpee challenge.  I was telling my family about this week's challenge and my mother-in-law didn't know what a burpee was.  She thought it was Sheldon on "The Big Bang Theory" burping pi.  So Hubby and I demonstrated what a  burpee was.  The response from both my father-in-law and mother-in-law was that I was going to hurt myself.

Anyway today's challenge is the Meatless Monday challenge.  We are challenged to eat not meat today.  So the question was "How do I feed my meat loving husband a meatless meal?"  The answer is simple.  We are having tomato soup for supper.  He won't complain about that and then when he gets to work, he can eat all the meat he wants away from me.

Here are some dinner or breakfast for dinner recipes from my blog that could help you decide what to have on this meatless Monday:

Cranberry Orange Oatmeal (Made in the crockpot)

French Toast (Just don't serve meat with it.)

Mason Jar Salad

Baked Spaghetti (Minus the meat or use a meat substitute instead) - Most popular post on my blog.

Pesto Orzo Pasta Salad

Healthier Mac and Cheese

I just noticed, I need to add more meatless meals.  :)

My menu plan for today:

Green Smoothie for breakfast

Left over Bruschetta pizza for lunch

Tomato soup with cheesy croutons for supper

Tomorrow I'll let you know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!