This past weekend, I picked my first container of dates with the intention of making some energy balls to eat as a snack and for breakfast. At first I was going to make regular no bake energy balls but then found a recipe for pumpkin no bake energy balls. I decided to make them instead. Oh my goodness, they are delicious!!!!!!! :)'
The best things about this recipe is you don't need to bake them. I also like all the different textures and flavors within one little ball.
Pumpkin No Bake Energy Balls
adapted from Gimme Some Oven
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 packed cup pitted and chopped dates
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. pumpkin puree (make sure it's not pumpkin pie)
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds or ground flax seeds (I used chia seeds.)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 c. old-fashioned oats (dry, not cooked) (I used quick oats. Those worked great.)
- 1 c. toasted coconut flakes
- 1 c. pumpkin seeds
- Combine the dates, honey, pumpkin puree, chia or flax seeds, and spices in a food processor. Pulse until it's smooth and combined.
- Put the mixture into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients until evenly combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Once it's cool, using a spoon or cookie scoop to shape into desired size of energy balls.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. (When they are stored in the refrigerator, it helps the energy balls hold their shape.)
- Enjoy - Savor the textures and flavor as you are eating them.