Nov 5, 2013

Pumpkin No Bake Energy Balls

For a long time, I had wanted to try Larabars but was afraid because I didn't know how they would like it because of the dates.  Once I finally tried one of the bars, I decided it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

This past weekend, I picked my first container of dates with the intention of making some energy balls to eat as a snack and for breakfast.  At first I was going to make regular no bake energy balls but then found a recipe for pumpkin no bake energy balls.  I decided to make them instead.  Oh my goodness, they are delicious!!!!!!!  :)'

The best things about this recipe is you don't need to bake them.  I also like all the different textures and flavors within one little ball.

 

Pumpkin No Bake Energy Balls


adapted from Gimme Some Oven


IMG_0999[1]


Stars of the recipe:




  • 1 packed cup pitted and chopped dates

  • 1/4 c. honey

  • 1/4 c. pumpkin puree (make sure it's not pumpkin pie)

  • 1 Tbsp. chia seeds or ground flax seeds (I used chia seeds.)

  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon

  • 1/2 tsp. ground ginger

  • 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

  • pinch of salt

  • 1 c. old-fashioned oats (dry, not cooked) (I used quick oats.  Those worked great.)

  • 1 c. toasted coconut flakes

  • 1 c. pumpkin seeds


Steps:

  1. Combine the dates, honey, pumpkin puree, chia or flax seeds, and spices in a food processor. Pulse until it's smooth and combined.

  2. Put the mixture into a large mixing bowl.  Stir in the remaining ingredients until evenly combined.

  3. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.

  4. Once it's cool, using a spoon or cookie scoop to shape into desired size of energy balls.

  5. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.  (When they are stored in the refrigerator, it helps the energy balls hold their shape.)

  6. Enjoy - Savor the textures and flavor as you are eating them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!