Dec 22, 2013

Gingerbread Granola

As I stated in the blog entry about the ginger snaps, I've really been loving the flavors of gingerbread this holiday season.  So when I decided to make some granola to give to friends and family members, I decided a gingerbread flavored granola sounded yummy!

While to base of the granola was baking in the oven, I was on the phone with my mom.  I asked her what add ins I could use that would be yummy with the gingerbread flavor.  It was decided that pecans or walnuts would be yummy and cranberries or even raisins would also be yummy!  I ended up putting pecans and cranberries.  You could even put chocolate chips for a chocolate gingerbread flavor.

Gingerbread Granola


Stars of the recipe:

  • 2 c. oatmeal (I used quick oats.)

  • 1 Tbsp. cinammon

  • pinch of cloves

  • 2 tsp. ground ginger

  • 2 Tbsp. molasses (Spray measuring spoon with cooking spray before measuring.)

  • 1/4 c. honey (Spray measuring cup with cooking spray before measuring.)

  • 2 Tbsp. coconut oil

  • 1/4  - 1/2 c. raisins or dried cranberries (I used cranberries.)

  • 1/4 - 1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans (I used pecans.)

  • Optional:  1/4 c. chocolate chips


Steps:

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

  2. In a medium measuring bowl, combine oatmeal and spices.

  3. In a small bowl, place coconut oil.  Melt in microwave for 1 minute.

  4. Add the molasses and honey to the coconut oil.

  5. Pour over the oatmeal and spices.  Stir until all of the oatmeal is combined.

  6. Place on cooking sheet in a thin layer.

  7. Bake for 8 minutes.  Remove from over and stir.  Place back into oven.

  8. Bake for an additional 8 minutes.  Take out of the oven.

  9. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before adding the raisins or cranberries and nuts.

  10. Store in a air tight container.

  11. Enjoy with yogurt or milk!



20131222-173518.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!