Jan 7, 2014

Sausage Gravy

My absolute favorite breakfast besides granola and yogurt is sausage gravy and biscuits.  Sometimes I treat myself to an order of them at our local farmer's market.

Since I was on winter/Christmas break and life was back to normal or almost normal, I decided I needed to make some for Hubby and my lunch.  The Wee One and the Imaginative One won't touch the gravy with a ten foot pole.

So if you are looking for a delicious lazy Saturday type of breakfast, this recipe is for you.

Sausage Gravy


Crumbs and Chaos


Stars of the recipe:




  • 1 pound of bulk sausage

  • 1/2 c. flour (I used whole white wheat)

  • 4 c. milk or 2 c. milk and 2 c. half and half

  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

  • black pepper and seasoning salt (or white salt) to taste


Steps:

  1. Brown crumbled up sausage in a skillet on med. heat.  Don't drain the grease off.

  2. Add the flour and stir until all of the sausage is coated with flour.

  3. Cook for about 2 minutes.

  4. Add the milk and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet.

  5. Turn the heat up to high and allow the mixture to boil.  (Keep an eye on the mixture.)

  6. After it boils, turn the heat down to med. low and allow to cook for 5 more minutes or until the gravy is thickened.

  7. Enjoy over biscuits!  Some biscuit recipes from my blog are 7-up biscuits, buttermilk biscuits, or buttermilk biscuits revisited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!