Jun 18, 2010

Sausage-sauerkraut skillet dinner

One of my favorite blogs is Cooking during stolen moments. Kate, the author, often has good recipes that my family enjoys eating. One of those recipes is Sausage-Sauekraut skillet dinner. I saw the recipe when she posted it in May and decided I needed to put it on my menu plan.

To be honest, I'm the only one who enjoys eating sauerkraut.  Hubby does eat it; however, it's not his favorite.  When I made it on Monday, the boys humored me and tried the sauerkraut.  They both decided they were not fans of it.  They both loved the sausage.  I could have saved the time and effort and just cooked up the sausage.  Hubby did enjoy it and I loved it.  But I love sauerkraut so the likely hood of me liking it was great.

Things I did differently:
I used turkey sausage.  There is no difference in taste.
Instead of canned sauerkraut, I used refridgerated sauerkraut.  I also rinsed off the sauerkraut before putting it in the skillet.
I also used three potatoes.

1 comment:

  1. Nice new site Traci - if the boys are not big fans of the sauerkraut, what about the Italian style- sausage and peppers. You can make enough sausage for all of you, make a little kraut for you (and hubby). Throw a few peppers in the skillet when you finish cooking the sausage. Nice flavor and a veggie to boot! (spaghetti sauce can be mixed in too). Then it is a 2 for 1 special. Looking forward to watching your new blog. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you!