Jun 20, 2010

The Wee One’s birthday

The wee one is excited about turning the big 5.  He's been talking about it since January.  We keep having to tell him that it is so many months away.  Now that it is June, he keeps asking me every day is it my birthday?!?  I have to tell him no, you have so and so days left.  He's now on the final countdown because he only has  2 more days left until he's a whole handful (like he already isn't one).  Although when you ask him how many days he has left, he will tell you that he has 2 weeks. 

We are celebrating his birthday tonight.  He is excited but I think it is because he is going to get gifts.  We try to tell him that the gifts are for other people but he doesn't believe us.  The imaginative one got him a gift last weekend.  It's a book about reptiles which is right up the wee one's alley.  Today we were given Toy Story paper from my mom today so the imaginative one had to use it to wrap his brother's gift.  He put a lot of tape on it.  That is until I told him that he had enough on the gift.  Then the imaginative one had to pick out a card from my stash.  He wrote a nice note to his brother on the card.  Then he had to tape the card to the gift.  Again he had to use lots of tape.  The funniest thing was he put his brother's first and last name on the envelope.  It's nice that he cares so much for his brother.

I can't believe my 6 pound 8 ounce baby boy is now a 32 pound 5 year old boy who speaks his mind.

I will get pictures of the Wee One when I find the baby pictures on my hard drive. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!