Aug 28, 2010

Instant Oatmeal Mix

Usually I'm not a big oatmeal eater, however; when I saw this mix on Mommy's Kitchen I decided I needed to try it.  Oh my goodness, it's a lot better than the instant oatmeal you get at the grocery store.  I think I like it because I can add what I want to it so it's unique to my likings.

Stars of the "recipe":



  • 2 and 1/4 cup of instant oatmeal

  • 1/3 cup dried milk powder

  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar

  • 1 to 2 tsp of cinnamon  (I added more because I love the taste of cinnamon.)

  • 1 cup of raisins or any other dried fruit (I used blueberry flavored craisins in mine.  I also added chopped pecans to my mix.)


Directions:



  1. Mix all of the ingredients together and store in a airtight container.

  2. Label the container with the directions on how to prepare the oatmeal.


To Prepare OatMeal:



  1. Scoop 1/2 cup oatmeal into a bowl and mix with 1/2 cup water. You may need a bit more water if you like you oatmeal thinner.

  2. Microwave on high for 1 minute stir and enjoy.


This post has been linked to Eat at Home - Ingredient Spotlight.

2 comments:

  1. […] August of 2010, I posted an entry for Instant Oatmeal Mix.  As we are experiencing another cold snap, oatmeal is a good way to warm up on a bitterly cold […]

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you!