Stars of the Recipe
- 1 pound Penne Pasta, Cooked Until Al Dente
- ½ sticks Butter
- 3 whole Lemons, Juiced (I also used some of the lemon rind to add another depth of flavor.)
- ¾ cups Heavy Cream (I used heavy whipping cream.)
- ¼ cups Half-and-half
- 1-½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (or Romano)
- Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
- 20 whole Basil Leaves, Chopped (I used basil paste in a tube. It's all I could find. I used maybe a tablespoon to a tablespoon and a half. I didn't measure.)
- Cook pasta, reserving 1 cup of hot pasta water when you drain.
- Set pasta aside in a colander.
- In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Squeeze in the juice of 3 to 4 lemons. (Also use a microplane to grate some rind.)
- Whisk together.
- Pour in cream and half-and-heat. Whisk until hot.
- Dump in cheese and whisk until melted.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Check consistency, adding some of the hot pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed. (I didn't need to add that much.)
- Pour pasta and sauce into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining basil all over the top. (I skipped this step.)
This recipe is great as a side dish or eaten by itself.
For other great recipes, Potluck Sundays, Delicious Dishes , and Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays.