Aug 21, 2010

Lemon Basil Pasta

I found this recipe on The Pioneer Woman's website.  Since I had put some lemon chicken in the freezer, I decided that this would really compliment the chicken.  The pasta dish is pure heaven.  Okay maybe not pure heaven.  However, it was delicious and the smells coming from cooking it or even heating it up makes me happy.  In fact, I took it to work for lunch and one of my fellow teachers complimented me on the smell of the dish.  If you get a chance, make this dish and escape to happiness from the taste and smell.

Stars of the Recipe



  • 1 pound Penne Pasta, Cooked Until Al Dente

  • ½ sticks Butter

  • 3 whole Lemons, Juiced (I also used some of the lemon rind to add another depth of flavor.)

  • ¾ cups Heavy Cream (I used heavy whipping cream.)

  • ¼ cups Half-and-half

  • 1-½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (or Romano)

  • Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste

  • 20 whole Basil Leaves, Chopped (I used basil paste in a tube.  It's all I could find.  I used maybe a tablespoon to a tablespoon and a half.  I didn't measure.)


Directions



  1. Cook pasta, reserving 1 cup of hot pasta water when you drain.

  2. Set pasta aside in a colander.

  3. In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat.

  4. Squeeze in the juice of 3 to 4 lemons. (Also use a microplane to grate some rind.)

  5. Whisk together.

  6. Pour in cream and half-and-heat. Whisk until hot.

  7. Dump in cheese and whisk until melted.

  8. Add salt and pepper.

  9. Check consistency, adding some of the hot pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed. (I didn't need to add that much.)

  10. Pour pasta and sauce into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining basil all over the top.  (I skipped this step.)

  11. Serve!


This recipe is great as a side dish or eaten by itself.

For other great recipes, Potluck Sundays, Delicious Dishes , and Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays.

3 comments:

I enjoy hearing from you!