Sep 3, 2010

Crockpot Baked Potatoes

I had read you could cook backed potatoes in the crockpot but I was skeptical on whether it worked or not.  Since baked potatoes were on my meal plan for Thursday night, I decided to test out if you could cook them in the crockpot or not.  I am no longer a skeptic because it really worked.  My hubby even told me that they were delicious.

Stars of the recipe:



  • russet potatoes - (I didn't put a quantity because it depends on how many you want to make.)

  • extra virgin olive oil

  • salt


Steps:



  1. Wash the potatoes and then poke the potatoes.

  2. Wrap each individual potato in foil and then place in the crockpot.

  3. Put about 1 to  Tbsp. of water in the bottom of the crockpot.

  4. Turn the crockpot on low and cook the potatoes for about 4.5 hours.

  5. When they are finished, unwrap them and put in a bowl. 

  6. Douse them with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) just to lightly coat them.

  7. Sprinkle them with salt.

  8. Enjoy with your favorite baked potato toppings.


For other great recipes, visit Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!