Warning: You need to make the batter ahead of time because it needs to be chilled overnight or during the day.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1 & 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plus 1 T. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. shortening
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla
- Mix the flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl, and stir to combine.
- In another medium bowl beat the egg.
- Add the sugar, butter and shortening and mix well with a mixer until smooth.
- Add the half & half, milk, buttermilk and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture while beating and mix until smooth.
After you chill it overnight or for 8 hours: (Make sure you cover it.)
- Take batter out of fridge about half hour before you make them.
- Be sure you iron is well oiled and hot, and pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup batter and cook 3-4 minutes. until golden brown.
- If you want to make the pecan waffles just sprinkle pecan halves over batter right after pouring.
On my waffle iron, it only made 3 waffles. Next time I'm going to double the recipe so I can freeze some of the waffles. They were that delicious.
On my waffle, I put butter and blueberry syrup that I got while in St. Louis on it. Yummy!
For more delicious recipes, visit Delicious Dishes.