Oct 20, 2010

Roasted Kielbasa Dinner

I saw this recipe on Rachael Ray's talk show about a month ago.  I knew it would an instant hit for my family so I put it on my October menu plan.  Boy was I correct (as the Wee One would say), it was a hit with the whole family.  You need to plan ahead because it takes an hour of actual cooking time.  There is very little prep that needs to be done besides cutting up the onions, kielbosa, potatoes, and apples.  Since you are not doing a fine chop with any of those ingredients, it doesn't take too much time.

Stars of the Recipe:



  • 2 pounds of red potatoes, halved or quartered depending on their size (Some of mine needed to be cut even smaller.)

  • 4 large onions quartered (I used only 2 onions because the boys do not like onions.)

  • 2 pounds of kielbasa, cut into 2 inch pieces (I used turkey sausage instead.)

  • 4 Gala or Honeycrisp apples cut into wedges

  • Honey for garnish


Steps:



  1. Preheat oven to 425˚F.

  2. In a large, shallow roasting pan, drizzle potatoes and onions with EVOO, salt and pepper. Roast 40 minutes.

  3. Drizzle the apples with honey, EVOO, salt and pepper. Add kielbasa and apples to potatoes and onions in the last 20 minutes of cooking time.




I served our dinner with steamed green beans and Young's Dairy Pumpkin Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!