Nov 20, 2010

Nantucket Cranberry Pie

Update 11/2/11:  Last week, I was asked by someone from my church to bring a pie to our Thanksgiving service.  They remembered this pie from last year and they wanted me to bring this pie once again.

I found this recipe on the The Pioneer Woman's blog.  Since I love cranberries, I decided it would be perfect a Thanksgiving dessert.  Before I could serve it to my whole family on turkey day, I decided to bake one and taste test it.  The taste is devine. 

Since I was meeting with my pastor and his wife today, I decided to serve some of it to them.  They gave it thumbs up. Now that it's been tasted tested and approved, I'm definitely making it on Thanksgiving day.

If I had to give three reasons why I love this recipe, I would say 1)It is easy to assemble and get into the oven; 2)The taste is amazing; and 3)I've never had a pie made of cranberries so it's an unique recipe.

Stars of the recipe:



  • Butter, For Greasing

  • 2 cups (heaping) Cranberries

  • ¾ cups Pecans, Chopped (measure, Then Chop)

  • ⅔ cups Sugar

  • 1 cup Flour

  • 1 cup Sugar

  • 1 stick Unsalted Butter, melted

  • 2 whole Eggs, Lightly Beaten

  • 1 teaspoon Pure Almond Extract

  • ¼ teaspoons Salt

  • 1 Tablespoon Sugar For Sprinkling


Steps:



  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

  2. Generously butter a cake pan or pie pan.

  3. Add cranberries to the bottom of the pan.

  4. Sprinkle on chopped pecans, then sprinkle on 2/3 cup sugar.

  5. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, melted butter, eggs, almond extract, and salt. Stir gently to combine.

  6. Pour batter slowly over the top in large “ribbons” in order to evenly cover the surface. Spread gently if necessary.

  7. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. 5 minutes before removing from oven, sprinkle surface with 1 tablespoon sugar for a little extra crunch.

  8. Cut into wedges and serve with ice cream or freshly whipped cream.




For more great recipes, visit Colleen's Kitchen Recipe Swap and Eat at Home's Ingredient Spotlight Cranberries.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe reminds me a bit of the fruit cobblers I like to make. It sounds really good too!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you!