Nov 20, 2010

Spritz Cookies



I love Spritz cookies.  However, most recipes I've tried have been more work then necessary.  After putting the dough in the cookie gun, I would have to pump it and most times it would not stay on the cookie sheet.  It truly was frustrating.  Rather then giving up, I looked for other recipes.  Then  I saw this Spritz recipe on the Domino Sugar website.  So I decided to try it.  Getting the dough onto the cookie sheet was not perfect at times.  However, I was truly amazed at the ease of getting those cookies on the cookie sheet. 

After they finshed baking, the Wee One and Imaginative One taste tested them.  They both gave the recipe a thumbs up! 

Stars of the recipe:



  • 3/4 cup -granulated sugar

  • 1 cup - butter or margarine, softened

  • 1/2 teaspoon - salt

  • 2 - egg whites

  • 1 - egg yolk

  • 1/2 teaspoon - almond extract

  • 1/2 teaspoon - vanilla

  • 3 cups - all-purpose flour


 Steps:



  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.

  2. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.

  3. Add salt, egg whites, egg yolk, almond extract and vanilla; mix well.

  4. Add flour, beating at low speed until well mixed.

  5. Force dough through cookie press onto ungreased cookie sheet.

  6. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. (I baked mine for 8 minutes.  When I baked them for nine minutes, they were too brown.)

  7. Remove to cooling rack.

  8. Store in airtight container.

  9. Makes 7 dozen.


For more great recipes, visit Colleen's Kitchen Recipe Swap.

1 comment:

I enjoy hearing from you!