As I was planning our January meals, I found this recipe on Real food 4 Real People website. I decided that this would be a good meal. Boy was I right about that.
Stars of the recipe:
- 6 oz. of spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 c. cottage cheese (I used small curd.)
- 3/4th's pound of hamburger
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. shredded mozarella
- Brown hamburger meat. Drain and then add spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on the box. Drain and add butter. Allow the butter to melt.
- Add the eggs and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Place the spaghetti, egg, and Parmesan cheese mixture in the bottom of a buttered pie pan. Press it down to form a "crust."
- Spread cottage cheese over the spaghetti crust.
- Spread the hamburger and spaghetti sauce over the cottage cheese layer.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Pull from the oven and sprinkle mozarella cheese over the top.
- Put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
I also put Italian seasoning in the sauce, over the cottage cheese layer, and then the sauce layer for extra flavor.