I decided to make some cookies and brownies for the trip. You can't go wrong with some yummy treats. Tonight I went to visit my aunt and took the container of brownies and the Peanut Butter Cups Chocolate Cookies to her house. She raved over the brownies as she reached for a second one. Then she told me they were the best brownies she had eaten. She couldn't believe I made them from scratch.
- 1 stick butter
- 2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar (I used 1/2 cup agave nectar instead.)
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup of toffee chips, divided
- In a saucepan, melt butter and semi sweet chocolate chips over low heat, stirring.
- Off the heat, whisk in light brown sugar and granulated sugar (or agave nectar).
- Cool slightly.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of toffee chips (Heath bar chips).
- Spread into a 13 by 9 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with 1/4 cup of toffee chips.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.