Mar 26, 2012

Cheddar bay biscuits

I made these for our family dinner this week. We were having lasagna and I wanted to serve something garlicky that was not garlic bread. I immediately thought of these biscuits. I had made them before and remember loving them.

The final verdict from the adults was they loved them. Score!

They are my kind of recipe because it's quick and simple. It requires very few ingredients. Finally the taste is remarkable.

20120325-213642.jpg

Stars of the recipe:

  • 2 c. of Bisquick or baking mix

  • 2/3rd c. milk

  • 1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese

  • 1/4 c. butter (1/2 stick)

  • 2 Tbsp. garlic powder (or to taste)

  • 1 Tbsp. dried parsley (or to taste)


Steps:

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

  2. Mix Bisquick and milk until moist. Add a little bit of milk at a time if needed.

  3. Fold in cheddar cheese.

  4. Drop heaping tablespoons of mix onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.

  5. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

  6. While biscuits are baking, melt butter in microwave. (I do a minute at a time until melted.). Stir in garlic and parsley.

  7. Once the biscuits are out of the oven, brush on the butter mixture.

  8. Let biscuits cool.

  9. Enjoy.

2 comments:

I enjoy hearing from you!