Sep 9, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Latte

I love lattes.  Love, love, love them!  Okay I guess you get the picture.  My favorite flavoring is peppermint or mint depending on what the coffee-house has on stock.  During the fall, I love pumpkin spice lattes though.

Last week, I taught for a half of a school day, attended a funeral and then luncheon, walked over to the boys' school to pick them up in extreme humidity, and then spent time with family.  After all that, I needed a nap which I took.  Once I woke up, I picked up the boys to go visit with my mom and her friend.  I was still dragging so I went to Starbucks and discovered they had pumpkin spice lattes a few days earlier than normal.  I was so excited!!!

For the past few years, I've been attempting to recreate the latte at home but was unsuccessful.  If you don't succeed, keep trying.  This year I was finally successful.  Yeah!

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

Pumpkin Spice Latte


Once a Month Mom




Stars of the recipe:

  • 3 Tbsp. pumpkin puree

  • 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla creamer

  • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

  • 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

  • 1/4 tsp. ground ginger

  • 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar

  • 3 oz. milk

  • 6 oz. strong coffee




Steps:

  1. Blend all the ingredients except for the coffee.  (Blend until smooth.)

  2. Microwave the blended ingredients for 1 minute.

  3. Add the hot coffee.

  4. Top with extra ground cinnamon or whipped cream (optional).

  5. Enjoy!


 

 

 

1 comment:

I enjoy hearing from you!