My favorite place to get iced coffee is Tim Horton's. You can customize it to your liking. I think that school year I stopped at Tim Horton's almost everyday. I've now stopped going there as often.
I've seen different recipes on how to make the concentrate. I decided I needed to try it out and was pleasantly surprised with how well it turned out.
Warning: It takes 10 to 12 hours for the concentrate to "brew.". Then it takes a while for it to strain to get rid of the coffee grounds. But it's totally worth the wait.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1.5 qrt container
- cheese cloth or coffee Filter
- Mixing bowl
- Container to store the concentrate in
- 1 c. Ground coffee
- 32 oz. cold water
- additional ingredients: milk, creamer, sugar, ice (Whatever you like in your coffee)
- Put ground coffee in container.
- Pour 32 ounces of cold water over ground coffee.
- Put container in fridge or on the kitchen counter for 10 to 12 hours.
- Using either a cheesecloth or a coffee filter line a colander. Place the Colander over a bowl
- Slowly pour the coffee into the colander.
- Allow the coffee to drain through the cheesecloth or coffee filter. (Replace the coffee filter as many times as needed.)
- Place the concentrate into another container. Refrigerate the concentrate for up to a month.
To make ice coffee:
I use 4 ounces of the concentrate. I add 2 ounces of milk and a little bit of creamer and then a few ice cubes. Lastly I shake it up or stir it up. Then I enjoy my creation.