I got this recipe from the blog. She named it Skillet Chicken with Peppers and Tomatoes. I renamed it Italian chicken because my boys would have told me they didn't like it because it had peppers and tomatoes. When they did their daily ritual of asking me what was for supper, I told them Italian chicken.
I was lucky to find thin chicken breasts on sale when I did my weekly shopping. They were in a family pack for $10 and some change. I was going to be able to use the pack for 3 meals. That is a deal! Even though I told the Imaginative One that I spent a lot on the chicken and he needed to eat all of his serving. LOL!
The chicken needs to marinate overnight so plan ahead.
Based on a recipe from Eat at Home
Stars of the recipe:
- Chicken tenders or chicken breasts thinly pounded (pounded between two pieces of wax paper - take all of frustrations out on the chicken)
- 1/2 bottle of Italian dressing
- 1/4 c. of soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 pieces of marinated chicken
- 1-2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 package of frozen onion and pepper mix
- 1 15 oz. can of crushed tomateos
- 1/2 box of penne pasta
- Cook the penne pasta, drain, and set aside. (This can be done while the chicken is cooking.)
- Put the olive oil in the skillet. Heat it on med. heat.
- Place the chicken in the skillet. Cook on both sides until browned. (Discard the left over marinade.)
- Add the garlic and onion and pepper mix to the skillet. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes.
- Simmer over med. low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the penne pasta.