Stars of the recipe:
- 4 1/2 c. oats
- 2 1/2 c. Rice Krispy Cereal
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (I put more than that in mine.)
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c. applesauce
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 c. shredded unsweetened coconut (sounds weird but is delicious in it)
- 1/2 c. Craisins
- Mix the oats, rice krispies, coconut, and pumpkin seeds together in a large bowl.
- Stir in spices and salt.
- In a different bowl, combine the applesauce, sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add the pumpkin puree.
- Combine the dry and moist ingredients and stir to coat.
- Spread on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Stir after 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then add Craisins.
- Store in a sealed container.
- Enjoy with yogurt, milk, or by itself!
This post has been linked to Eat at Home - Ingredient Spotlight.