Oct 14, 2012

7 up biscuits updated

Yesterday I made sure I had all the ingredients for 7 up biscuits so we could have them with out dinner. At least I thought I did. Then I looked at the recipe and saw I needed sour cream. Oops! We didn't have any in the house or if we did it would not be edible and should be given to the trash monster.

What to do? raced through my head. I had some Greek yogurt in the fridge so I decided to use that instead. People have been subsituting Greek yogurt for sour cream so I thought this would be the time to try it out. The Greek yogurt worked perfectly. The biscuits were as delicious as before. And people didn't know my little secret.

Here is the recipe updated with Greek yogurt.

7 up biscuits


Stars of the recipe:

  • 2 cups Bisquick or baking mix

  • 1/2 c. sour cream or Greek yogurt

  • 1/2 c. 7 up

  • 1/2 stick butter


Steps:

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. (Or do what I do, preheat the oven to 350 and then raise the temperature. It takes 10 minutes for my oven to get to 450 and 6 minutes for it to get to 350.)

  2. Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-up. The dough is very soft and will get all on your hands. (The Wee One said It's a very messy job.)

  3. Meanwhile put a 9 inch square pan into the oven to melt the butter.

  4. Sprinkle biscuit mix on a board or table. (I use a cutting board.)

  5. Pat the dough out and then cut the dough using a biscuit cutter or glass. (I used a small juice glass.)

  6. Pull the pan out of the oven and put the cut biscuits in the pan.

  7. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

  8. Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!