Cooking for a semi-picky eater is a challenge. The Imaginative One is often fearful about trying new foods especially if he doesn't know what ingredients are in the meal. This is one of his favorite ways to eat chicken and he has requested it for a birthday dinner before.
I wanted to post this recipe because I have a few future recipes that are going to use some of the left-over chicken. Any of the other left-over chicken is put in the meal size portions and then frozen for future meals.
Star of the recipe:
- 4-5 pound chicken, giblets and neck removed and washed
- If there is any gibblets and neck, remove those.
- Wash the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the crockpot. Breast side up.
- Season with salt, pepper, or any other spice - it's your choice.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Once cooked, save the juices for stock.
Two days ago, I posted about the Foodie Pen Pals, I participated in. Shania who sent my package lives in the area stricken by Superstorm Sandy. She is a reader of my blog. I just want to let her know that my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.