Dec 23, 2012

Swedish Oatmeal Cookies

I've previously mentioned how I like Joanna Fluke's Hannah Swenson books.  I'm rereading some of the books in the series.  As I was reading Key Lime Murder, she included this recipe.  I was instantly intrigued.  I've made other oatmeal cookies that included chocolate chips and M&M's.  This year I wanted something simple.  This cookie fit the bill!!!

IMG_2430

Stars of the recipe:

  • 1 c. butter (2 sticks)

  • 3/4 c. white sugar (granulated)

  • 1 tsp. baking soda

  • 1 c. unsifted flour (all-purpose or white whole wheat)

  • 2 c. oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oatmeal.  I love that texture.)

  • 1 egg yolk


Steps:

  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.

  2. Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl on high for 1 1/2 minutes.

  3. Let  the butter cool to room temperature.

  4. Mix in the white sugar.

  5. Add the baking soda, flour, and oatmeal.  Stir thoroughly.

  6. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk with a fork until it's thoroughly mixed.

  7. Add the yolk to the bowl and stir until it's incorporated.

  8. Grease or spray with cooking spray cookie sheet.

  9. Make small balls of dough and place them on the cookie sheet, 12 to a sheet.

  10. Press them down with a fork in a crisscross pattern.

  11. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

  12. Let cool for 1 or 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.

  13. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!