Feb 3, 2013

Buffalo Wing Hummus

I love hummus. I love dipping carrots or celery in it. I have never tried to make it until now. It is so simple to make if you have a food processor or blender.

This hummus has the flavor of buffalo wings without all the fat and calories. Delicious!

It passed he hubby test.

IMG_6540[1]




Buffalo Wing Hummus


Slender Kitchen


Stars of the recipe:




  • 1 1/2 c. canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed (reserve 1/4 c. of the liquid) -1 - 14 oz. can

  • 2 cloves garlic (2 Tbsp. of already minced garlic)

  • 2 Tbsp. tahini or Greek yogurt (I used the Greek yogurt and it worked great.)

  • 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (Microwave the lemon for about 10 seconds before juicing it)

  • 3/4 tsp. paprika

  • 1 tbsp. barbecue sauce

  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot buffalo wing flavor.)

  • 1 1/2 tsp. white vinegar

  • 3/4 tsp. salt


Steps:

  1. Add everything to food processor or blender.

  2. Blend it until it reaches the texture you want.

  3. Enjoy with pita chips or fresh veggies!


(1/4 c. has 73 calories)

2 comments:

  1. [...] week and a half ago, I posted a recipe for Buffalo Wing Hummus.  I used the hummus to make a chicken salad full of veggies and with less [...]

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you!