I tried to come up with a witty blog entry about this salad. Even though I thought and thought, I couldn't come up with anything. So I'll just be straightforward. This recipe is delicious and easy to put together. You can adapt it by changing up the veggies in the salad.
Stars of the recipe:
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1/4 Tbsp. pesto
- 1/4 c. broccoli florets
- 1/4 c. grape tomatoes, cut in half or even fourths
- 1/4 c. bell pepper, diced (I used yellow.)
- 2 Tbsp. diced black olives
- 2 Tbsp. Feta cheese
- Cook orzo pasta according to package directions. Put broccoli florets in the cooking water for the last 3 minutes of the pasta cooking time.
- Drain pasta and broccoli in a strainer. Run cool water over the pasta and broccoli to stop the cooking process.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
This made 3 servings for me.