The boys ate plain cheese or cheese with bacon bits quesadillas instead of these delicious quesadillas. Oh well, it's their loss!
Monterrey Chicken Quesadilla
adapted from Cooking During Stolen Moments
Stars of the recipe:
- 8 tortillas
- 1/2 lb. shredded chicken (rotisserie, roasted, or crock pot chicken)
- 1/2 c. barbecue sauce
- 2 c. shredded cheese (Cheddar or Monterrey Jack)
- 1/2 c. bacon bits
- Warm up a skillet or griddle pan over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the chicken and barbecue sauce. (Or use left over chicken from bbq chicken sandwiches.)
- Spray the warmed skillet or griddle pan with cooking spray.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet or griddle pan.
- Sprinkle (in this order) cheese, chicken, bacon bits, and then more cheese onto the tortilla.
- Top with a second tortilla.
- Cook until browned (2 to 3 minutes - However may take longer.)
- Flip over and then cook until the other side is browned.
- Place on a plate and enjoy with ranch dressing. My favorite ranch dressing is Bolthouse Farms' Classic Ranch.
Here's what it looks like after you sprinkle on the goodies but before you add the second tortilla.